So it’s the first week of January, and already I find myself feeling worn out and daydreaming about the weekend! If you’re like me, and have had a tough first week at work, or you’re stressed out with university and exams, or even if you just feel like chilling out this weekend (because who doesn’t love a chill day!?) – then I’ve got a few things that you could do to ease that heavy weight off your shoulders!
Film fest and a tonne of snacks:
If you know me, then you’ll know that I love to watch films. Because with films comes snacks, and I love a snack or two…or three, or four. I spend most of my weekends watching film after film, and diving into my snack cupboard (yes, I have a cupboard just for snacks) mulling over whether today’s the day for the unboxing of the fancy chocolates, or how many packets of popcorn should I pop.
So grab a few cushions, fluffy blankets, pop on your comfiest pyjamas and cosiest socks – and veg out on the sofa for a couple of hours!
Binge on a TV Series:
If films aren’t your thing and you prefer to watch something shorter like an episode, then why not start up on a new TV drama? I’ve seen quite a few (and re-watched a lot), and sometimes escaping into the world of Beverley Hills, or the Upper East Side is just what you need! Here are a few of my favourites that I’d highly recommend!
Give yourself a mini spa treatment:
- Hop into a nice hot shower, or relaxing bath if you have more time.
- Scrub away all the stress with your favourite exfoliator – I am loving The Body Shop’s Moringa Exfoliating Cream Body Scrub!
- Remember to rub some of that love back into your skin with a good body cream – I recommend Soap & Glory’s The Righteous Butter 100%.
- Wash away the long day with a fresh facial cleanser – I’m using my favourite one at the moment, The Body Shop’s Seaweed Deep Cleansing Gel Wash.
- Apply a more than generous amount of your favourite clay mask – You HAVE to try The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask. My skin has never felt better!
- Sit back and RELAX.
Curl up with a book:
Nothing says relax like cosy-ing up with a cup of tea, and a good book in your lap. I just love to end my day with the calming smells of my candles, tea or hot chocolate in hand, and immersing myself in a fictional world. I am loving Sophie Kinsella books at the moment! They’re girly, hilarious and light – so all around perfect!